top of page
  • Jan Schouten

The last road

Orinsay, to the right in this image, was cleared in 1843 and became part of a sheep farm and deer park. The village was re-established as a settlement after the First World War.

The building of this stretch of road, connecting Orinsay with Lemreway, was only completed after the World War, delayed by a long and difficult process.


#scotland #outerhebrides #isleoflewis #pairc #paircsouthlochs #rathad #documentary #docustory #film #independent #gaelic #heritage #scottishheritage #community #communityinterest# photography #travelphotography

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page